The 2018 Poteet Strawberry Festival “Taste of Texas” Food Show
DATE: SUNDAY, April 15, 2018
PLACE: Rotary Club Pavilion (Poteet Strawberry Festival Grounds)
8:30 – 10:30 A.M., Check in food items
11:00-12:00 – Judging
1:00 – Auction
1. Type recipe on an 8 ½” x 11” sheet of paper.
2. Write name, address, phone number and age on BACK of recipe. Recipes will be used in judging food items.
3. When signing in at registration table, use full name, mailing address and phone number.
4. For FOOD Entries, the COMPLETE recipe is required for judging.
5. Recipes for all entries will be required. NO RECIPE, NO ENTRY!
6. All recipes AND entries will become property of the “Taste of Texas” Food Show.
7. Non-placing entries will be sold by the food show committee to raise funds for scholarships.
8. The food item should be placed on a disposable plate and covered with plastic wrap for appearance and cleanliness.
9. No refrigeration is available. Please take this into consideration when selecting a recipe to enter.
10. Food items will be identified by number assigned by the Food Show Committee during registration.
11. No commercial food or products will be accepted.
12. No entry fee is required. However, you will be required to pay gate admission to participate.
13. Only one entry will be accepted in each class per contestant.
14. Food must be prepared by the exhibitor and must be homemade. Recipes that call for a mix as an ingredient will be permitted. (Ex. You may NOT enter a cake made solely from a box mix)
15. You must return to the food show area BEFORE 1P.M. to present your food at the auction.
16. A portion of the funds collected during the auction will be used for scholarships for qualifying students.
17. The Food Show Committee reserves the right to combine classes or to add new classes if necessary.
18. BEST OF SHOW will be open to all Junior, Pre-Teen and Teen entries only.
19. BERRY BEST OF SHOW will be open to Junior, Pre-Teen and Teen entries only and must have used at least 1 cup of strawberries as an ingredient or a garnish.
20. Grand and Reserve Champion will be awarded in each age division.
21. Ribbons will be awarded through 3rd place.
22. Entire recipe must be submitted. (Ex. If the recipe makes 3 dozen cookies, you must enter all 3 dozen cookies)
FOUR AGE DIVISIONS: Adult – 19 and up Teen – 14 to 18 Pre- Teen – 9 to 13 Junior – 5 to 8
FOOD SHOW CLASSES:
A. All Cakes
C. All Cookies & Candies
D. Yeast Breads & Quick Breads
J. Jam & Jelly (Subcategories: Strawberry and Other)
Jam & Jelly Show and Salsa Contest
General rules for food show will also apply to the Jam & Jelly Show and Salsa Contest.
1st Place – $50.00 (if not sold in auction)
2nd Place – $25.00
3rd Place – $15.00
For more information you may contact any of the following:
Janet Bartek (830) 276-8197 or Ruth Ann Schultze (830) 570-3090
Strawberry Festival Association Office (830) 742-8144.