1. Type recipe on an 8 ½” x 11” sheet of paper or submit online.
2. Write name, address, phone number and age on back of recipe. Recipes will be used in judging food items.
3. When signing in at registration table, use full name, mailing address and phone number.
4. Food entries must be the COMPLETE recipe displayed for judging.
5. Recipes for all entries will be required. NO RECIPE, NO ENTRY!
6. All recipes AND entries will become property of the “Taste of Texas” Food Show .
7. Non-placing entries will be sold by the food show committee to raise funds for scholarships.
8. The food item should be placed on a disposable plate and covered with plastic wrap for appearance and cleanliness.
9. No refrigeration is available.
10. Food items will be identified by number assigned by the Food Show Committee during registration.
11. No commercial food or products will be accepted.
12. No entry fee is required. However, you will be required to pay gate admission to participate.
13. Only one entry will be accepted in each class per contestant.
14. Food must be prepared by the exhibitor and must be homemade. Mixes CANNOT be used.
15. You must return to the food show area BEFORE 1P.M. to present your food at the auction.
16. A portion of the funds collected during the auction will be used for scholarships for qualifying students.
17. The Food Show Committee reserves the right to combine classes or to add new classes if necessary.
18. BEST OF SHOW will be open to all Jr. & Teen entries only.
19. BERRY BEST OF SHOW will be open to Jr. & Teen entries only and must have used at least 1 cup of strawberries as an ingredient or garnish.
20. Grand and Reserve Champion will be awarded in each age division.
21. Ribbons will be awarded through 4th place. Participation ribbons will be given to non-placing items in the Jr. & Teen divisions.
THREE AGE DIVISIONS: Adult --19 and up, Teen --14-18, Junior --5 to 13
FOOD SHOW CLASSES:
The Whole Recipe is required for all entries
|A. All Cakes
|| E. Pies
|| F. Miscellaneous
|C. All Cookies & Candies
||J. Jam & Jelly
|D. Yeast Breads & Quick Breads
JAM & JELLY SHOW AND SALSA CONTEST
General rules for food show will also apply to the Jam & Jelly Show and Salsa Contest.
~ For Jam & Jellies, and Salsa entries use only standard 1 pint size canning jars imprinted with manufacturer’s name.
~ No decorations on jars or lids.
~ There will be no age group division.
~ Best of Show Jam & Jelly and Best of Show Salsa will be auctioned off during the sale.
Prize money will be given to winners in each category. (Strawberry & other types of jams & jellies)
1st Place - $50.00 (if not sold in auction)
2nd Place - $25.00
3rd Place - $15.00
For more information contact Janet Bartek (830) 276-8197 or Ruth Ann Schultze (830) 570-3090, or the Strawberry Festival Assn. office (830) 742-8144